Listen to the podcast above while making the jigsaw puzzle below.
How to Make An Online Jigsaw Puzzle
1. Click on the Ghost Icon to make your workspace.
2. If the puzzle is already complete, click on the Work Icon and select scatter pieces.
3. Click and drag your pieces where you want them.
4. Mouse over a piece and use your mouse roller or your arrow keys to rotate the piece.
5. Click on Image to see the picture better.
Jigsaw Puzzle: Mesa Verde National Park Located in The Four Corners Area in the Southwest US
If Mesa Verde National Park isn’t on your bucket list, you should add it now. Home to the Ancestral Pueblo people also known as the Anasazi or “Ancient Ones,” it is perhaps the crown jewel of the Four Corners Area.
Here we can get an insight into the lives of these mysterious people who lived in the area for 700 years, dating from AD 600 to AD 1300.This UNESCO World Heritage Site protects 4000 known archeological sites, including 600 cliff dwellings that are some of the best preserved in the United States.
The park is best known for these cliff dwellings. These spectacular structures are built within caves and under outcroppings in cliffs. You can actually climb into some of the dwellings with names such as Balcony House, Long House, and the one thought to be the largest cliff dwelling in North America, Cliff Palace.
As you complete the puzzle below, imagine being at the site and going back over 1300 years and living the lives of “The Ancient Ones.”Photo by Martha Smith, courtesy of National Park Service